Book direct with High Range for the best rates!
There is a huge variety of things to see and do in and around Aviemore and the Cairngorms!
From thrilling adventures to gentle relaxation, the area has something for everyone. Browse through the many options available on the official visitcairngorms.com website.
Things to do in Aviemore area
- G2 Outdoor Activity: Family friendly. White water rafting, canyoning, zip trek, river trips and gorge walking. 01540 651784 G2
- Landmark forest adventure park: Family friendly and open all year round. Fun, discovery and adventure in the Highlands. 0800 7313446 LANDMARK
- Loch Insh outdoor centre: A range of water sports including sail sports, paddle sports, raft building, fishing, rowing, wildlife cruises and pedalos. 60m dry ski slope, archery, play park and team building apparatus. 01540 651272 LOCH INSH
- Highland Wildlife Park: Open all year round. Discover over 200 animals as you explore the magnificent surroundings. Scotland’s only Polar bears and Wolf wood. 01540 651270 HIGHLAND WILDLIFE PARK
- AK Aviemore Kart Raceway: Outdoor Karting in the Cairngorms. Open all year round and karting for ages 3 and up. 01479 812079 AVIEMORE KART RACEWAY
- Quad Bike Treks Aviemore: Family friendly and all year round. Guided quad bike trekking in the heart of the Cairngorm national park. 01479 812345 Online bookings ROTHIEMURCHUS.NET
- Mikes Bikes Aviemore: Aviemore’s only dedicated bike hire and guiding centre. Mountain bikes, electric bikes, road bikes and junior bikes for rental. Rides and guides to suit all levels. 01479 816212 MIKES BIKES
- Out on the Hills: Guided walks in the Cairngorms. Day walks, weekends and longer trips. Contact Tim Hall (Qualified mountain leader) 01479 810570 OUT ON THE HILLS
- La Taverna; Family friendly restaurant and pizzeria. A la carte or buffet style, eat in or take away. Open 12pm till 9.30pm 7 days a week. 01479 810683 La Taverna
- Old Bridge Inn; Gastro pub serving Scottish restaurant cuisine. Open fire and weekly live music. Lunch 12pm till 2.30pm Dinner 5.30pm till 9pm. 01479 811137 Old Bridge Inn
- The Winking Owl; Restaurant bar serving Scottish and international dishes with a selection of award winning local beers from Cairngorm brewery. Food served 12pm till 9.30pm The Winking Owl
- Happy Haggis; Family run restaurant serving Aviemore’s best fish and chips. Sit in or take away. Open daily 12pm till 9pm. 01479 810430 Happy Haggis
- Royal Tandoori; Authentic Indian cuisine. Sit in or take away. Open 5pm till 11pm. 01479 811199 Royal Tandoori
- Andersons Restaurant; Boat of Garten. Family friendly with a relaxed and informal atmosphere where you can enjoy good food using local Scottish produce. Lunch Saturdat /sundaty 12pm till 1.45pm Dinner daily 5.30pm till 9.30pm. 01479 831466 Andersons